German Bight Model
Last update : Thursday, 18. July 1996
by Robert Schmidt-Nia 1996
Discription of the Model :
This model is based on the standard Hamburg Shelf Sea Model, first
developed by J. Backhaus.
The code has been modified by Th. Pohlmann, C. Schrum and myself.
The Model has following characteristics :
- Three-dimensional with a horizontal resolution of one seamile
- Semi-implicit scheme with implicit treatment of the barotropic
mode and of the vertical eddy viscosity
- Including flooding and drying of the wadden sea
- Prognostic equation for U, V, Zeta, T, S
- Using meteorological boundary condition at the sea surface
for the heatflux
Online information to the scenarios :
- SST for the periode May to August 1994
- SSS for the periode May to August 1994
- Sea surface elevation for 24 hours
(Institut für Meereskunde Hamburg; Troplowitzstr. 7; D-22529
Hamburg; Germany; e-mail : R.Schmidt-Nia@gmx.de)
Sündermann, J., Pohlmann, Th., Nitz, Th., Schmidt-Nia, R., 1996:
"Hydro- und thermodynamisches Modell des Wasserkörpers"
, KUSTOS 2. Zwischenbericht 1996, BMBF Projekt 03F0111A, 41-46